Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Univercell sucks

'Univercell mobile ' that sounds all you ppl know that it is chain of mobile store,I too was impressed on the adds given and I was actually in need of one so I stepped into the store the reception was very nice and I had a warm welcome.More than one staff attended me after knowing that I'm having a Idea to buy a mobile for about 7000/- and the sales rep guy who spoke all the sweet words and keeps on adding the advantage of the mobile which I gonna buy and told me tat the mobile cost is 7200 (LG gd 510) but the thing I was surprised about is the rate of that mobile was mentioned some thing low in there own website when I asked them the rate mentioned in there website excludes vat but when u buy it it will cost higher.
SUCK no.1 : why to put a low rate in the website and confuse users and giving reason on the final price

then he offered me many gifts like travel bag and a rebook watch worth 2500 (which will not even cost 50 rs) a gold coin of worh 250 rs which will not even cost 25 rs as Im a valuable customer (I don't know wat made me a valuable customer for them as I have not even visited there store once).I told them that I don't need any of them but will be pleased when I get a discount of at least 50 instead of this nonsense gifts but they disagreed.then he told me that I have a offer that If I buy with credit card them there is a discount of 5 % on the mobile price.

After that I decided to buy the mobile for the same price and wish to pay that but by bad luck my credit card got damaged so that I can't buy that one that day itself.Then after that I replaced my credit card and came back to buy the mobile after a week and I bought the mobile after opening the mobile I checked and gave my credit card,after swiping the card I asked for the 5% cash back he told me that the offer is not available you have to pay the full amount. Thisis SUCK no.2 after buying the mobile I was in need a of a travel bag and asked him to give me the gifts which he told me on the other day ,He told that offer is also over and we don't have stock this is SUCK no .3 after that he promoted an insurance he told that this insurance will cover 95% of the mobile price if I lost the mobile or If the mobile is damaged so I agreed to pay that also for a price of 3 % of the mobile value came around 220 rs /-. Then he told me that if there is any problem in mobile I bring to any of the chain of univercell.I came out of the store after all these non sense.

Few days later there was a problem in the mobile,I took it back to the store which is near my office in velacherry he gave me a slip which had the address of LG mobile services which is in mount road,I have to go there ? I got tensed and shouted at him that why the hell I have to go to LG service center as univercell has promised to do the services @ the time of purchase of mobile?? This is SUCK no 4.After a long and sound conversation he agreed to take the mobile to LG service center by himself but it will take 10 to 15 working days which is almost 3 weeks ofr that much time I will not have a mobile so that option is ruled out.I didn't gave it for service

Then at last after a month I lost my mobile when I wad ridding my bike in thambaram I logged a complaint in near by police station,You know how tough is to log a complaint in police station ?? when u go there they will treat us as a accused but will leave the accused very easily!!after a week's struggle I got my complaint registered for which I went to the police station 5 times from guindy where do I put up to thambaram after my office hours.They gave me a CSR(complaint register form) as a proof that they have taken my complaint.
I carried that and came back to univercell to claim the insurance but the f**kers told me that univercell is not responsible to the insurance I have to contact the insurance company which there in nerkundram 20 km from guindy. Biggest of all sucks suck no 5 Then I went to the insurance company and submitted the CSR,original bill insurance copy and all the docs the insurance guys told me the I have lost the mobile due to my carelessness so the ocmpany will not pay for it.Will any idiot loose his mobile carefully? I don't get the context of them so all the effort went into soil.

I haven't got the money from them


univercell gave me a nice blow-off and thought me nice lessons
1.Not to believe the sweet words by any shopkeeper
2.confirm the offer before billing (after billing they can say that there is not offer at all ) why they need to give u that offer as u have already bought that item from them
3.Customer care in univercell is great suck we have to fight with them to get it done after buying it
4.Getting a complaint registered in police station is not that much easier.
5.Putting insurance for any mobile is utter waste of money


P.S: !!I'll make post on registering a complaint in police station that is another big story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment